E- News
Entertainment News Hub
USD USD 1.00 EUR EUR 0.86
USD USD 1.00 GBP GBP 0.75
USD USD 1.00 JPY JPY 159.03
USD USD 1.00 CAD CAD 1.37
USD USD 1.00 AUD AUD 1.41
USD USD 1.00 CHF CHF 0.79
USD USD 1.00 CNY CNY 6.82
USD USD 1.00 INR INR 96.65
USD USD 1.00 NGN NGN 1,370.78
USD USD 1.00 EUR EUR 0.86
USD USD 1.00 GBP GBP 0.75
USD USD 1.00 JPY JPY 159.03
USD USD 1.00 CAD CAD 1.37
USD USD 1.00 AUD AUD 1.41
USD USD 1.00 CHF CHF 0.79
USD USD 1.00 CNY CNY 6.82
USD USD 1.00 INR INR 96.65
USD USD 1.00 NGN NGN 1,370.78



ESSENTIAL NEWS

Breaking News • Analysis • Opinion
LATEST EDITION

NEWS XTRA

Borno Gov Vows Safe Return Of 48 Abducted School Children
Photo: Staff Photographer

BORNO GOV VOWS SAFE RETURN OF 48 ABDUCTED SCHOOL CHILDREN

13 readers
shares
reactions
B

Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has assured residents of Mussa community in Askira Uba Local Government Area that all efforts are being intensified to secure the safe release of 48 abducted school children.

 

The governor gave the assurance on Tuesday during a visit to Uba town to sympathise with parents and residents affected by the abduction.

 

Addressing the gathering, Zulum expressed sympathy to the Emir of Uba, the parents of the abducted children, and the entire Uba Emirate over the incident.

 

“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children, and the entire people of Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” Zulum said.

 

He assured residents that the Federal Government, security agencies, and the Borno State Government were working together to ensure the children regain their freedom.

 

“Let me assure you that the Federal Government under the distinguished leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces, and the Borno State Government will do everything possible to secure the release of the children,” he assured.

 

The governor commended the military and other security agencies for taking proactive measures to prevent the situation from worsening.

 

He disclosed that top security officials, including the Brigade Commander, Commanding Officer, Divisional Police Officer, and other security heads, had already been deployed to strengthen security in the area and facilitate the rescue operation.

 

Zulum also pledged to reinforce security in Askira, Uba, and neighbouring communities to prevent future attacks.

 

“We have made frantic efforts to stabilise Askira, Uba, and adjoining communities through reinforcing security in these areas,” he said.

 

The governor appealed to the abductors to release the children, stressing that they were innocent minors who deserved parental care and protection.

 

He further urged residents of the Uba Emirate and the entire state to intensify prayers during the first 10 days of the holy month of Dhul Hijjah.

 

Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, disclosed that the attack occurred on Friday, May 15, when 48 persons were abducted in Mussa community.

 

According to the monarch, the victims include 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students, and five other residents.

 

The Emir commended Governor Zulum for his efforts in tackling insecurity and supporting communities within the emirate.

 

Also speaking, a representative of the Mussa community, Dr Chinapi Amanja, appreciated the governor’s visit and acknowledged the deployment of senior military officers and other security personnel to the area.

"This represents a significant development in our ongoing coverage of current events."
— Editorial Board

READER ENGAGEMENT

SHARE THIS STORY

MORE FROM THIS EDITION

Additional articles loading...