E- News
Entertainment News Hub
USD USD 1.00 EUR EUR 0.86
USD USD 1.00 GBP GBP 0.75
USD USD 1.00 JPY JPY 159.03
USD USD 1.00 CAD CAD 1.37
USD USD 1.00 AUD AUD 1.41
USD USD 1.00 CHF CHF 0.79
USD USD 1.00 CNY CNY 6.82
USD USD 1.00 INR INR 96.65
USD USD 1.00 NGN NGN 1,370.78
USD USD 1.00 EUR EUR 0.86
USD USD 1.00 GBP GBP 0.75
USD USD 1.00 JPY JPY 159.03
USD USD 1.00 CAD CAD 1.37
USD USD 1.00 AUD AUD 1.41
USD USD 1.00 CHF CHF 0.79
USD USD 1.00 CNY CNY 6.82
USD USD 1.00 INR INR 96.65
USD USD 1.00 NGN NGN 1,370.78



ESSENTIAL NEWS

Breaking News • Analysis • Opinion
LATEST EDITION

NEWS XTRA

Jonathan Has Bought 2027 Pdp Presidential Form – Party Chieftain
Photo: Staff Photographer

JONATHAN HAS BOUGHT 2027 PDP PRESIDENTIAL FORM – PARTY CHIEFTAIN

11 readers
shares
reactions
A

A former presidential aide and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Umar Sani, has claimed that former President Goodluck Jonathan has already purchased a presidential nomination form ahead of the 2027 general elections.

 

Sani, who served as Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to former Vice President Namadi Sambo, made the claim during an appearance on Trust TV on Tuesday.

 

The statement comes amid renewed political consultations involving Jonathan, which have continued to fuel speculation about a possible return to active partisan politics.

 

Although the former president has not publicly declared his intention to contest the 2027 presidential election or confirmed the political platform he may use, Sani insisted that Jonathan’s actions already showed clear political interest.

 

He also suggested that internal crises within the PDP may have influenced Jonathan’s cautious approach to openly declaring his ambition.

 

“The issue is not about whether we will extract commitment from him. What is most important in politics is action.

 

“If your action suggests you are interested, there are certain actions to follow. One of which is the procurement of the nomination form,” Sani said.

 

According to him, the former president has already completed the process of obtaining the form and is preparing to submit it publicly.

 

“He has procured the nomination form. In fact, he is about to come and submit the forms publicly.

 

“So it is not an issue of whether we are trying to bring or use him for our face-saving grace, whatever. No.

 

“The fact of the matter is that we believe that Jonathan is the right choice at this moment,” he added.

 

Sani also expressed confidence that the legal challenge questioning Jonathan’s eligibility to contest the presidency again would fail in court.

 

According to him, the issue had already been decided judicially and could not be reopened except by the Supreme Court.

 

“We are very confident that the matter will be thrown out because you cannot relitigate something that has already been decided upon,” he stated.

 

He further argued that the pending suit before Justice Peter Lifu would likely be dismissed for lack of jurisdiction when it comes up on May 26.

 

Sani dismissed suggestions that Jonathan’s supporters were merely using his popularity for political relevance, insisting that many Nigerians still remained emotionally attached to the former president because of memories of his administration.

 

“Most Nigerians know him and are nostalgic about Jonathan. At the time he left office, many people felt the PDP was not performing, but now Nigerians have seen the difference clearly,” he said.

 

Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015 before losing his re-election bid to former President Muhammadu Buhari.

 

Since leaving office, he has largely focused on diplomatic and mediation roles across Africa while staying away from direct partisan political activities.

"This represents a significant development in our ongoing coverage of current events."
— Editorial Board

READER ENGAGEMENT

SHARE THIS STORY

MORE FROM THIS EDITION

Additional articles loading...